The Witches' Brew blog

has been moved to new address

http://www.witchesbrewonline.com

Sorry for inconvenience... but join us at our new spot!

Witches' Brew: Book Review: "Act Like A Lady, Think Like A Man.."

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Book Review: "Act Like A Lady, Think Like A Man.."



I just finished reading Steve Harvey's new book, "Act Like A Lady, Think Like A Man: What Men Really Think About Relationships, Intimacy and Commitment". I heard a lot about this book and had my initial reservations but I must say I was pleasantly surprised. The radio talk show host and comic said he came up with the idea after receiving so many questions from his women listeners about how men think. Much of the book is full of what I call the no "no duh" ditties: set standards and expectations, the 90-day rule for sex (cough, cough), and why men cheat (because they can) This chapter was the most interesting and provided a lot of insight on how men operate. Steve also confirmed something that I've been preaching for years, if all women formed a "no bullshit" alliance, we could run the world! I found "Act Like A Lady..." to be a good read and a good pick for a book club. I do wish Steve would have covered more relationship scenarios, but he was solid in the issues he discussed. I would give the book a 7 on a scale of 1 - 10.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Add your thoughts to the mix...

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home