The Witches' Brew blog

has been moved to new address

http://www.witchesbrewonline.com

Sorry for inconvenience... but join us at our new spot!

Witches' Brew: Relationships: Diving In

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Relationships: Diving In


I have a friend who has a major crush on this cutie who plans to move away very soon. So she's won't let herself fall for him. When I asked her why she looked at me like I had five heads and answered, "why fall and I'm just going to get my feelings hurt?" To which I replied, "why the frick not?" That night I thought a lot about our conversation and came up with a theory. I think we as women deny ourselves full pleasure. Don't get me wrong. I think women enjoy themselves, I'll even go as far to say we have fun, but we don't give 100% in love anymore. It may be because early in life we are more free to love too hard and too soon. Eventually, that hard lovin' may wear and tear on our hearts causing us to grow cold and immune. Immune to the flutter that used to raise from our bellies, immune to the special things in the beginning like a kiss, a compliment, a look. Our heart doesn't recognize subtleties. We think a slight in schedule is a full fledged assault on us. We wake up numb and go to bed the same way, caught in a routine that at times can be comforting or crazy, depending on the day. My conversation with my friend has prompted me to make sure I dive in head first to everything without reservations. Forget the statistics that tell me that I may never get married, or have children or do whatever it is that I want to do.  I am closing my eyes and jumping off the cliff of life doing the "Stanky Leg" in 3...2...1!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At Tuesday, May 26, 2009 at 8:25:00 PM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

ShiiiiiiD!

 
At Tuesday, May 26, 2009 at 8:55:00 PM EDT , Blogger MK said...

This was an insightful post and you're exactly right. So I will be right behind you jumping off that cliff :)

 
At Tuesday, May 26, 2009 at 9:05:00 PM EDT , Blogger A.Smith said...

Man, I've been saying I'm gonna do better. Keep my mind and options open. Quit second guessing everything, but FEAR is a real life problem. and FEAR is what holds most of us back. All we can remember is how bad it hurt the last time and who wants to voluntarily do that? But without risk there are no rewards... now if I could just get my wee heart to follow my big brain.

 

Post a Comment

Add your thoughts to the mix...

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home