The Witches' Brew blog

has been moved to new address

http://www.witchesbrewonline.com

Sorry for inconvenience... but join us at our new spot!

Witches' Brew: The Friend Zone

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The Friend Zone



I was talking to this fly guy who's definitely on my radar, when he called me his "homie". Normally I would be like yes, I am that girl who's mad cool. I love football, can curse like a sailor and have a lot of guy friends. Something rubbed me the wrong way about this. Then it hit me. This mofo just put me into the the friend zone! I realized I missed some obvious signs that I was his "home girl" and not a "girl he would take home".

So I decided to share some "friend zone" red flags:

They keep everything light and joke when you try to discuss the relationship

They will only date at his/her house or take you to random off the beaten path spots

They talk about their exes a lot which means they don't really take your feelings that serious

They drop hints that they're not looking for a long term relationship

They talk about themselves a lot and never ask you any questions

Sound familiar? Being banished to the friend zone happens to the best of us. If someone doesn't like my stats, cool, carry on. I'm just wondering if my "just one of the guys" steeze is a good thing or bad for business?

Discuss...

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, May 5, 2009 at 10:04:00 AM EDT , Blogger Cruz said...

You took my thoughts right outta my head, was kinda wondering the same thing. Starting to really feel like being that super cool, fun loving, funny ass chick is a block to finding love. Cause all I ever get is "damn you are soo the shit, so sexy, so funny, so blah blah blah" right and so single, lol!

So yes I wonder the same....

 
At Tuesday, May 5, 2009 at 10:33:00 AM EDT , Blogger BreeIAm said...

You ever notice they don't get booed up to what they say they love about the 'fun' chick? How many dudes have you seen that LOOOOOVE your Fun Girl swag to death, that end up with Marge the dry corny accountant?

 

Post a Comment

Add your thoughts to the mix...

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home