The Witches' Brew blog

has been moved to new address

http://www.witchesbrewonline.com

Sorry for inconvenience... but join us at our new spot!

Witches' Brew: "We Be Grubbin!" Restaurant Review: Marvin Wash DC

Thursday, August 6, 2009

"We Be Grubbin!" Restaurant Review: Marvin Wash DC



Ok *sigh* Whoever said "so many men so little time" wasn't lying, whew! Now this one coulda been unfortunate as I was dead tired and almost said no to the invitation but upon the mention of "grabbing a little bite to eat" I immediately perked up ( I am focused!), showered, poured on some smell goods ( I like to overdo everything..... it's my thing) put on something with stretch in it (always a hit with the boys), got in my ride and met the young lad at the restaurant. Now Marvin is located in a very busy part of DC (U Street) so I already knew parking would be an issue. I coulda just had him pick me up but being a manic dater has taught me to never leave home without my own whip, cause chile....... that's another post though and definitely should be included in the "dates from hell" section. So yeah, I'm expecting a parking nightmare but I found one fairly easy, now what I wasn't expecting was the twisty, curvy line coming out of Marvin, "excuse me???!!" I thought as I walked towards the spot. I sent the lad paying for this meal a text and told him I was there and that the line was insane but we agreed I would wait since he was still on his way anyway (plus I was flirting with other boys and getting mucho play so I was good!). Lines can mean a place is good too so I took that as a good sign and didn't really sweat it. Plus Marvin also has a hip happening bar and that's really why the line was so darn long.

Soooo, here goes:

Restaurant: Marvin

Website: www.marvindc.com

Location: 2007 14th St NW Washington, DC 20009-7562

Staff Appearance/Demeanor: Satisfactory, basic all black. Nothing to report here. Friendly enough to not make you wanna slap them, so overall pretty good.

Wait Staff: Great! Not overly attentive which I hate. You should not be interrupting my convo 40 times in an hour asking "hey guys is everything alright?" yes it is! now go away somewhere and die!!!

The Food: AB-SO-TIVE-LY PO-SI-LUTE-LY DEEEEEE-FUGGIN-LICIOUS!!!! OM EM GEE!!!!!. I am extremely passionate about my food, especially meat. I ordered steak, collards and some kinda lovely potato thingie that made me wanna rub it all over my body as a lotion. Oh man! I don't know what the lad had or what he was saying once our food arrived..... that's how good it was. He coulda called me a skank whore rabid dog while I was in my food euphoria and that woulda been fine by me.

So I highly recommend this place. Oh and I think Marvin caters to cigar lovers or something like that but you'll have to research that for yourself, I'm in it for the food!


Toodles til next time!


Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, August 11, 2009 at 12:42:00 AM EDT , Blogger DC DIVA DATING ADVENTURES said...

I must co-sign...the food is soooo good, I slapped the chef, his mama wasn't near....ok, ok. not really, but it is so good I wanted to slap the chef

 

Post a Comment

Add your thoughts to the mix...

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home