The Witches' Brew blog

has been moved to new address

http://www.witchesbrewonline.com

Sorry for inconvenience... but join us at our new spot!

Witches' Brew: Question of the Day: Gays vs. Blacks?

Monday, March 23, 2009

Question of the Day: Gays vs. Blacks?


I have a confession. I love, love, love gay men! They are fly, fun and fashion forward. Basically, they are the best "girlfriend" you can have sans the drama. I recently had a discussion with one of my gay friends where he compared the LGBT struggles to the same struggles as the civil-rights movement. I explained to him that he can assimilate into the general population and no one would be able to point out his sexual-orientation. I cannot go home and take my black face off and replace it with a different colored one. I'm do think there are some similarities between the fight for human rights versus civil rights, but I just don't it as a equal comparison. Discuss....

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At Monday, March 23, 2009 at 5:19:00 PM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

GAYS DON'T DESERVE ANY RIGHTS. i DON'T HAVE ANY THING AGAINST GAYS ALTHOUGH, THEY ARE A PROBLEM FOR EVERYTHING GOD STANDS FOR. MY GOD IS PERFECT HE DOES NOT MAKE ANY MISTAKES. THEY WERE NOT BORN THAT WAY IT WAS A CHOICE TO BE WITH SOMEONE WHO IS OF THE SAME SEX AS YOU. NO RIGHTS FOR GAY PEOPLE

 
At Monday, March 23, 2009 at 5:45:00 PM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is so much wrong with that statement. I can't wait for a gay person to come in and address it in only the way they can!!!

 
At Monday, March 23, 2009 at 5:57:00 PM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are similarities. Just like there are similarities with the womens movement. I don't know why people think the comparison makes light of the civil rights movement. There are people fighting what they perceive as injustice all over the world and yes there are similarities in ALL of them. AND WHY WE GOTTA BE BLAMED for THAT ISH. DAYUM!!!

 

Post a Comment

Add your thoughts to the mix...

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home