The Witches' Brew blog

has been moved to new address

http://www.witchesbrewonline.com

Sorry for inconvenience... but join us at our new spot!

Witches' Brew: Brew Commentary: Sometimes Plain Is Just Better....

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Brew Commentary: Sometimes Plain Is Just Better....




So I was eating some chips (cause mama loves her snacks) and when I went to purchase said chips I found myself in a bit of a pickle as I couldn't decide between the plain 'no frills or thrills' chip or the ever so fancified barbecued chip...... in the end I decided on the bbq chips. So a few hours later when I sit down to eat these chips I put one or 2 in my mouth and realized "wow, the plain ones taste so much better". Then it made me see how that realization correlates with my own life. I often find myself going for the fancy option, the pretty packaging, when plain is usually better.

Ladies we do it all the time, with men in particular. We don't want the corny guy with a career and home he doesn't share with his mama, no no no, we want Ray-kwan with the 6 kids and 15 baby mamas who we suspect can't read cause everytime ya'll go to a restaurant he says "just order me whatever you get" and then shoves the menu in his backpack cause he thinks it's a pamphlet of some sort. The plain dude who may dress a bit corny and may not be up on the latest album to drop from the 'Young Money' camp will just not do, cause he doesn't have "swag", ugh! (I'm really beginning to detest that word). The plain guy is stable, forthright, sincere and calls when he says he will. No hoopla, no drama, just a plain, ole fashioned good dude who can't get no haps in this "swag" centered society we live in. Plain my dear ladies...... see how plain can be better? Screw that barbecued dude!

Most decisions in life usually had to come about based on choices, or options if you will. One can go with a nice townhouse in a safe, pleasant and clean neighborhood or a 10 bedroom mansion that they can barely afford. We see the townhouse as too plain and we go for the fancified mansion that we never furnish cause with a $5,000 a month mortgage who can afford all that? Our quality of life diminishes because we can't afford to go out and play with our friends cause we chose fancified instead of plain. It's a sick and recurring cycle and it took some damn UTZ potato chips to make me see the light.


This is not to say that you shouldn't shoot for the moon and not acquire the finer things in life, just think more about your choices and what is really the driving force behind said choice. If fancified is still your pleasure, then by all means, go for it! Just think before you shoot plain in the foot.....

Labels:

1 Comments:

At Thursday, September 10, 2009 at 1:00:00 PM EDT , Anonymous SUpreme said...

Best. Brew post. EVER.

 

Post a Comment

Add your thoughts to the mix...

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home