The Witches' Brew blog

has been moved to new address

http://www.witchesbrewonline.com

Sorry for inconvenience... but join us at our new spot!

Witches' Brew: Brew Beauty Review: Lace Nails

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Brew Beauty Review: Lace Nails


So, I tried the lace manicure we told you about back in September.  I’d been thinking about trying it for some time, but finding the time and getting the supplies took a minute.  Ok, let me cut the crap, I’m lazy and if I don’t put it on my “to do” list and budget the time… it won’t get done.  So now that we’ve gotten that out of the way, here’s what I did.


I trekked to Sally's and bought myself some IBD brush on nail glue, a bottle of IBD brush on nail resin and some of that spray on nail glue dryer. 



I looked for black lace but I caught an arts n’crafts-induced headache while at the Michael’s store, so I went with the first ribbon I could find.  Rather than lace, I opted for a sheer animal print ribbon.  REOWR!


I YouTubed this instructional video before I began.  I’m all about a “how to” tutorial. 





Then, I did one coat of a sheer nude color with a bit of shimmer on my nails.  Next step... get to gluin’.  It's called "5 second glue" so you need to move quickly.  Place the lace (or ribbon) on top of the glue.  Then spray the glue dryer.  Once the glue dried, I followed up with a coat of the nail resin to give it some shine.  And voila!  Once everything was dry, I did hit it with a coat of clear polish because I'm a sucker for a shiny nail. 





click pics for larger images

It really is super easy and only took about an hour.  My best tip is to trim the lace as close to your nail as possible as soon as the brush on glue dries, that way you aren't left with a lot of trimming and filing at the end to clean up the edges.  I’d like to try it with actual lace next time to perfect it.  But I don’t think it’s too bad for a newbie!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Add your thoughts to the mix...

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home