The Witches' Brew blog

has been moved to new address

http://www.witchesbrewonline.com

Sorry for inconvenience... but join us at our new spot!

Witches' Brew: Did Your 3-D Glasses Work?

Monday, February 1, 2010

Did Your 3-D Glasses Work?


Ok, so I don't know about you, but I made it a point to roll to Target and pick up my 3-D glasses for the Michael Jackson tribute before last night's Grammy show.  They had them in sheets of 4, so I had more than I really needed for the show... just to be prepared.  Ok, so jump to the Grammys and here comes Lionel Richie to intro the tribute.  So, I grab my glasses.  Now, mind you, these are free, cheap Tarjay glasses.  I didn't see Avatar (not really sure I'm gonna), so I didn't have any fancy James Cameron richest movie ever glasses.  I just had the plain ole Tarjay ones.

So, the Earth Song movie starts and I've got the glasses on and I'm thinking, something don't look right.  I mean, the Free Willy whale jumped out and I saw a butterfly but that was about it.  I just assumed I was on the cheap TV with the stolen hot-wired cable.  By the time the tribute was over, my eyes could only see red and blue for 5 minutes.  I was jacked up.  But, clearly it wasn't just me with a wonky pair of frames.  Enter: Miss Jia... she had crappy glasses too!  But she opted to call Tarjay.

Here's the audio of her call.  It's long... but so worth it.



And here's the tribute... don't even bother with the glasses.


Photo courtesy: Robyn Beck/Agence France-Presse - Getty Images

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At Monday, February 1, 2010 at 2:13:00 PM EST , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nah I didn't have any 3-D glasses, but I did enjoy the show; and I particularly enjoyed the Michael Jackson tribute. I will say this though, I was surprised that the skinny blonde youngster couldn't match voices with Stevie Nicks......particularly since Stevie is so long in the tooth. I was surprised that she still sounded golden, while Taylor didn't even sound gold plated.

 

Post a Comment

Add your thoughts to the mix...

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home