The Witches' Brew blog

has been moved to new address

http://www.witchesbrewonline.com

Sorry for inconvenience... but join us at our new spot!

Witches' Brew: "EXCUSE ME, WHAT CHU SAY?!!!"

Monday, March 15, 2010

"EXCUSE ME, WHAT CHU SAY?!!!"

Ok, so let’s say you know this person right? Not someone you would consider a friend but not someone you would push in front of a bus either. Just a seemingly decent person who you converse with from time to time. This person is also part of a minority group and you are African-American. So let’s say you and this fellow minority are kicking it on some chill out ish and then this kinda convo goes down:

Fellow Minority: “Ugh, girl my feet are killing me!”

Darkie: “I feel you, mine too”

Fellow Minority: “Between my feet and me being annoyed with my man I’m ready to explode!!”

Darkie: " Why? What’s up?”

Fellow Minority: “nah nothing, just the regular ish these niggas put us through….”

*RECORD SCRATCH*

Excuse me ma’am!!!??? Now I don’t jump out there and put ole girl in her place cause it doesn’t necessarily offend me to the point where I feel I need to lather on the vaseline and take my earrings off but I do give her the illest screw face ever, like on some NAS Illmatic type ish. In all honesty if one of my black friends said the same exact thing it probably wouldn’t have even registered. I should add that this person primarily deals with black peen, this is her preference, but the “N” bomb, really ma’am???

I guess it’s like when J. Lo said “Niggas blah blah blah” (don’t know the rest cause I don’t listen to her, I only look) in that “I’m Real” video with Ja-Rule and most people said it was all good cause she’s latina and we are kinda one in the same. Or how people are okay with Fat Joe saying it, cause again, black/latino = same thing. Or does it? With me this is not so much an issue over the word cause quite frankly none of us should be using it but we do and probably always will but does that fact make it right for someone outside our culture to use it just cause she’s a black peen aficionado????

In that moment I felt no, no she doesn’t have a right to, am I wrong???


Jennifer Lopez - I'm Real (Official Music Video) - Watch the top videos of the week here

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At Monday, March 15, 2010 at 12:19:00 PM EDT , Blogger Reggie said...

J-Lo can call me a "nigga" anytime she wants, provided her knees are behind her head at the time and I'm looking down at her.

Everybody wants to be a nigga but don't nobody want to be a nigga.

 
At Monday, March 15, 2010 at 12:32:00 PM EDT , Blogger Cruz said...

Reggie Reg, you ain't never lied my brother!

 

Post a Comment

Add your thoughts to the mix...

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home