The Witches' Brew blog

has been moved to new address

http://www.witchesbrewonline.com

Sorry for inconvenience... but join us at our new spot!

Witches' Brew: Ask A Dude Roundtable: Giving the Milk Away....

Friday, July 24, 2009

Ask A Dude Roundtable: Giving the Milk Away....



Brew Q:


What do you really think of women who wait for you to propose to them during a 5+ year relationship?

Do you think you can do better and are waiting for that one to come along?

Are you using her as “filler”?

*****

Ask A Cash: Are you using her as “filler”? After three years, she should know if it was going somewhere or not. To a guy that’s got the milk without buying the cow, why should he propose? It’s a lot less messy for him if he doesn’t marry her, than if he does and it doesn’t work out. We get no love in the court room, and women know that. He may feel that he can do better, or he may feel like it’s just too risky to jump that broom, just to later say “but, your Honor”.

Big In Europe: This question baits you to assume that the woman is being tricked into staying in said relationship. Everyone gets comfortable. If she's staying, apparently, she's getting SOMETHING from the relationship, if not marriage. Don't disillusion yourself into thinking if strictly a man’s fault your not married. A woman can leave anytime she's feeling played.

Mr. Crab: I've honestly never met one....You usually have 2-3 years max....after that, she'll give you an ultimatum, directly or indirectly. Trust me on this one.

SUpreme: If I was EVER in a relationship that went 5 years…we’d be married. Period. I’ve gotten close…3 and a half. But even in THAT situation, we were talking marriage. Who is romantically involved with a woman THAT long and not focusing on marriage and a life together? See…I don’t get any guys like that. And none of those types are in my inner circle.


Gross Dude: I have no idea what is going through some women’s minds. You know I’ve had some Fbuddies for YEARS... Completely open relationships. And after a couple of years, I have told some (Brew Note: Did this dude just say SOME?): “You need to go find a real BF.” Basically, my way of saying: "I’m not marrying you, you aren't the one." But do they go away?? Nooo!

I actually get kinda offended because they must think I’m some type of idiot and will break down. They (Brew Note: They, he said they, my head!) claim to be OK with the status quo but then we have conversations and they say things like: "I want to get married and have children someday". I'm thinking to myself, “ You’re 35, you might want to get on the ball!” (Brew Note: Well, he may be gross but he’s certainly honest!)

So, to answer the question.. Yeah.. I guess they are filler. Waiting for something better? I can't say better.. More like waiting for someone I’m really crazy about, which unfortunately, doesn't completely encompass the quality of woman she is.

Rev Real: Obviously, I think it’s cool because my wife and I dated for almost 7 years before we got married. I think I was cool with it because she made it clear from the door that this wouldn’t be a perpetual dating situation, that at some point it would have to be taken to another level. Had she not done that I probably would have been turned off. Women that are OK with “serial monogamy” are a turn-off, because they have not expectations of themselves. (Brew Note: Well damn!)

What do you think?

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At Friday, July 24, 2009 at 3:20:00 PM EDT , Blogger Unknown said...

People are obsessed with getting married...bah humbug..been there done that..seen it..been hit on my cheating ass men ..seen cheating as women. Sure there are plenty that work..and thats cool..but why the OBSESSION

anyways...Men do what they want to do..if they want to marry a woman they will say so..if they "date" you for 5 years...and dont propose..they dont want to marry you

its simple as that

 

Post a Comment

Add your thoughts to the mix...

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home