The Witches' Brew blog

has been moved to new address

http://www.witchesbrewonline.com

Sorry for inconvenience... but join us at our new spot!

Witches' Brew: Depressed TV: "Hoarders"

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Depressed TV: "Hoarders"

Is anyone watching this show on A&E?

"Hoarders" is one of those train wreck shows you watch in disgust but you can't look away. It makes you wanna hurl while grabbing the nearest trash bag and throwing everything away.

I find myself watching the show and letting out audible uh uhs and no ma'ams when nastiness appears on the screen... like the woman who eats expired chicken broth and rotting cabbage because she says she has a "cast iron stomach!"

Now, I occasionally have one too many papers on a desk or I forget about the peaches I bought last week. But damn! I'm not living amongst cat poop and rotting meats.

These hoarders have obvious psychological problems that go beyond any mayhem and foolishness you'd find on an episode of "Clean House." Many of these people are in total denial that they have a hoarding problem. One woman said she doesn't hoard, she SAVES stuff.

But my favorite episode of this train wreck? The "Jennifer & Ron; Jill" episode.
Hoarding expert to Jill: "You've got a lotta flies in here, is something rotting?"
Jill to hoarding expert: "No, not in THIS room."
Now, I'm wondering if these 20 yogurts I got on special for 8 bucks makes me a hoarder?!?



I quit! White Jesus, help us all.

I'd better hurry up and get married before I become the crazy cat lady.



Catch "Hoarders," Mondays at 10 pm (ET) on A&E (then go throw some things away)!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At Monday, September 14, 2009 at 2:41:00 PM EDT , Blogger Unknown said...

oooh..i'll be watching..THANKS

 

Post a Comment

Add your thoughts to the mix...

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home