The Witches' Brew blog

has been moved to new address

http://www.witchesbrewonline.com

Sorry for inconvenience... but join us at our new spot!

Witches' Brew: September 11th a Brewchie Remembers

Friday, September 11, 2009

September 11th a Brewchie Remembers


As I've mentioned before, I'm a native New Yorker. On September 11, 2001, I was sitting at my desk, much as I am now. Surfing the web looking for a cute purse, and eating a bagel..with a schmear. (Shout out to my Jews and Jewesses!).
I remember thinking there hadn't been such an absolutely gorgeous morning in the city in a long while: crystal clear blue sky and high bright sunshine. My office mates were sitting around staring out the windows like 'damn it's pretty!' then the first BOOM! Being only 3ish blocks from The World Trade Center, the boom was deafening. All we could see from our vantage points though, were flying papers... I ran to turn on 1010 WINS,they were reporting that someone had flown a commuter plane into one of the towers. What an idiot we thought and prayed everyone was okay... and went back to our morning tasks. Of course the news had it wrong, and a multitude of lives were lost or changed forever.
Eight years later, I'd like to recall the solidarity my city displayed, as all of us stumbled with uncertainty, soot and smoke covered, uptown. I'd like to take today to remind even myself, that life is short. Petty disagreements are just that, and life can change or be lost in a blink of an eye. Out of tragedies, should come the clarity of what is really important in life. So with that I honor all that has been lost and all that has been rebuilt.
I wish you all love, peace and infinite happiness.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Add your thoughts to the mix...

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home