The Witches' Brew blog

has been moved to new address

http://www.witchesbrewonline.com

Sorry for inconvenience... but join us at our new spot!

Witches' Brew: Hootie Makes History

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Hootie Makes History



Yaada yaada yaada, Taylor Swift became the youngest artist ever to win the Entertainer Of The Year award at the Country Music Awards. The 19 year old also became the first solo female to win it in 10 years... and I'm really happy for her... I'ma let her finish taking over the music world. But first, hats off to Hootie Darius Rucker for being the first African American to win New Artist of the Year.

Rucker said:
“First of all, to the fans, thank y’all for accepting me... And I think most importantly, to country radio, you took a chance on a pop singer from Charleston, S.C. Thank you so much for that!”
Dust off the history books because Rucker is the first Black artist to win a major individual award at the CMAs since Charley Pride. And, he wins on Veteran's Day too?  Some Confederate soldier is rolling in his grave right now.  Take dat, take dat!

Go Hootie!

Source

Credit: AP Photo

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At Thursday, November 12, 2009 at 8:16:00 AM EST , Blogger Kim said...

Why yall gotta hate on Taylor Swift..lol She is beautiful young lady, talented singer and songwriter and who actually hasn't done anything to anybody.. I congratulate her on her awards... I like country music but I'm not a Darius Rucker fan. I want some shine to go to Rissi Palmer, she's the only black female in Country Music now and puts ALL the female country music voices to shame. http://www.rissipalmer.com/

 
At Thursday, November 12, 2009 at 12:08:00 PM EST , Blogger Jem said...

I took that jab at Taylor just for you, Kim!

:-)

 
At Thursday, November 12, 2009 at 2:10:00 PM EST , Blogger Kim said...

LOL.. My niece got me hooked on Taylor... did you see the video she made with Tpain? it's was cute.

 

Post a Comment

Add your thoughts to the mix...

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home