The Witches' Brew blog

has been moved to new address

http://www.witchesbrewonline.com

Sorry for inconvenience... but join us at our new spot!

Witches' Brew: Big Bones or Big Appetites??

Monday, March 15, 2010

Big Bones or Big Appetites??

As I sit here and contemplate over how everyone is going so hard on Gabby for being obese my childhood memory takes me back to Ms. Jayne Kennedy. She was the "Beyonce" of my young days. Everything with a peen wanted a piece of Ms. Kennedy (and some with poons too). Truly a beautiful lady. But of course over the years things changed, as they should right? I mean as we age surely we can't expect to maintain our 20 year old figure well into our 40's and 50's can we? But then I think about Mad Dog (Madonna) who is 150 years old and looks like this:

and I can't help but think maybe we can maintain the figure of our youth. As black women,do we just not care that much? Is it because our men drop major bank in titty clubs for women who are gravy thick? Or maybe were truly just big boned? Or are those Famous Dave's ribs just too yummy to pass up? Madonna may not be a good example cause she's on some psycho ish with her eating/work out plan, or perhaps it's not psycho at all and the feeling that it is is the reason why black women stray more down the "Precious" road than other women.

Even our first lady is fit and lean and she gets up at 4:30 am to stay that way. So maybe it's all about how an individual wants to feel as they age, because I'm sure I could come up with 10,000 more examples of non-black women who still look amazing (body wise anyway cause Mad Dog's face is definitely a lil on yikes! side) for their age, but a much shorter list for black women.

Black may not crack but it damn sure gets fat........

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At Monday, March 15, 2010 at 5:08:00 PM EDT , Blogger Reggie said...

Full disclosure........

When I was in high school, I wanted Jayne Kennedy in the worst way. She was first celebrity crush, I couldn't even think about her without drawing wood. The woman was quite beautiful. As a matter of fact a few years ago on another site, I used the same picture of her standing on the beach in that bikini for a blog I wrote in which I called her my first celebrity crush. I wanted to drive to Hollywood and kill her husband Leon.....I was totally thirsty for that woman.....and that's why I'm so goddamned mad at you for posting that other disrespectful picture of her. I'll never forgive you for that!!!

 
At Monday, March 15, 2010 at 8:36:00 PM EDT , Blogger Eddie said...

I may get trashed for this, but I'm sorry: Beyonce couldn't hold Ms. Kennedy's thong. 'Sides, Beyonce ain't got no ass.

 

Post a Comment

Add your thoughts to the mix...

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home