The Witches' Brew blog

has been moved to new address

http://www.witchesbrewonline.com

Sorry for inconvenience... but join us at our new spot!

Witches' Brew: Census Chief Is Sorry About That Negro Thing

Monday, March 29, 2010

Census Chief Is Sorry About That Negro Thing



If you haven’t answered those 10 little census questions yet, then you may not know one of the racial categories on the census is “Negro.” The move sparked an uproar among Black folks who thought they’d awakened to 1957.

Census Bureau Director Robert Groves now says he’s sawwy about that little mishap.


Negro please! Who is still self-identifying as Negro?

By the way, “we can’t move forward until you mail it back!” (Hey, it's stuck in my head, so you might as well join me)

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, March 30, 2010 at 10:19:00 AM EDT , Blogger A.Smith said...

First off, I think the uproar was black folks being extra AS USUAL.

Having said that, I really considered writing in my race as "Black, Non-Negro" as it says on my twitter...

 

Post a Comment

Add your thoughts to the mix...

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home