The Witches' Brew blog

has been moved to new address

http://www.witchesbrewonline.com

Sorry for inconvenience... but join us at our new spot!

Witches' Brew: <s>Confessional </s> Rant Tuesdays

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Confessional Rant Tuesdays


Poor grammar drives me forking NUTS! If I read one more message board or forum, where some clown has illiterately declared: 'diz aint my thesus whysss cantz I spell da wayz I wantz to?!' My forking head will explode all over my forking laptop and quite frankly, it is not in my budget to replace my computer- homie-lover-friend. Oh and sweetie, we KNOW this is not your thesis. Clearly.

Do you know why we all speak the same standard language? So we all can effectively communicate! The proverbial man isn't trying to hold you down. He's trying to understand what the hell you are talking about. Now, isn't that even more imperative when READING is involved? Don't you want to get your point across succinctly and clearly; especially on the interwebs? Why is ok for people to think that you REALLY think that a 'Z' can replace an 'S', in a word? Grillz is not a word, son!

Don't even get me started on that bulljivington called 'Ebonics', it's called laziness. And it is nothing but an excuse to embrace illiteracy.
PS, I know it's a real chore to type a period, or hyphen or W.J.- Forbid a comma. I know baby....I know.. but remember punctuation is our friend...and sometimes lover.
P.P.S.-- Just for the record, I never once thought I was white because I speak clearly in full English.
*I beat you because I love you...

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, April 20, 2010 at 5:38:00 PM EDT , Anonymous Margaret Newborn said...

Someone's been reading my mind.

 

Post a Comment

Add your thoughts to the mix...

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home