The Witches' Brew blog

has been moved to new address

http://www.witchesbrewonline.com

Sorry for inconvenience... but join us at our new spot!

Witches' Brew: Saving My Spirit: Giving Up The Chase

Monday, February 23, 2009

Saving My Spirit: Giving Up The Chase

We talk a lot about health, fashion, gossip and general foolishness here at the Brew, but what's more important than the spirit? The 40-day season of prayer and fasting known as Lent starts Wednesday and I've been giving some good thought to this of late. Most years I don't give up anything. I just say to myself, "I'll just work at being a better person instead.' Well, not so fast this year. I'm spending my 40 days in the desert giving up "the chase." What's the chase, you ask? It's the pursuit of something that cannot be grasped. This is not to say that I'm giving up on my dreams or my goals, I will always be in pursuit of those. I'm just giving up on things that appear unattainable and cause more harm, more worry and more frustration than good. I'm using these 40 days to accept myself: every high point, every low point, every flaw and every good attribute. I'm using these 40 days to come to an understanding that whatever is meant for me, is for me. I don't have to chase it. I don't have to harass it. I don't have to wonder when it will call, text, e-mail or appear on my doorstep. If it's meant to be, chances are it wants to chase me too.

So, what will you give up this season? You've got a couple of days to figure it out. Lent starts Wednesday, February 25th and lasts until Saturday, April 11th. Yeah, that's 46 days, but work with it!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Add your thoughts to the mix...

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home