The Witches' Brew blog

has been moved to new address

http://www.witchesbrewonline.com

Sorry for inconvenience... but join us at our new spot!

Witches' Brew: Dateless Wonders..... Do You Dumb Down?

Monday, April 20, 2009

Dateless Wonders..... Do You Dumb Down?



So you're a single, intelligent, financially responsible, pretty gal. People have been known to compliment you on your style, your hair stays in tip top order, your manicures are to be envied and you have no signs of 'Jurassic Park' feet. You are the bitness! Not just because everyone says so but because you know it yourself. You make it your business to be the best you you can be but your ass can't buy a date! WTF! Plenty of undesirables holla, those would be the homeless (the ones who actually live in your neighborhood metro station), the semi-homeless (the ones who live with mommy), the sandwich jockeys (the ones who hook up your morning egg sandwich), those kinds are ready to wine and dine the shit outta you, in your house, with your wine and your food of course. So what gives? What needs to happen in order for you to date on your level so to speak?

Conversing is pertinent if you hope to develop anything worthwhile in your relationships with people and while I can converse about pretty much any and everything under the sun, my pannies don't moisten at the fact that I am spending time with a man who sees me reading the paper and says "oh so you into that reading stuff huh?" Excuse me? nor do I want the man that fancies himself a 50 cent/G-unit aficionado, again, excuse me? Where's the middle? Do you have to dumb down in order to have a social life? It seems when you do meet men who can kick the shit you tryin to hear they sprinkle the convo with all the reasons why you need to be into them, talk about themselves incessantly (how many cars, homes and bitches they have), 2 hours in you realize, "this mofo ain't asked me shit about me!". *sigh* So what's a girl to do? Sit her ass at home and chew glass with hot sauce on it, cause ain't no way in hell I'm pretending to be a dumb ass or act incredulous for some pompous ahole who can't let me get a word in edgewise long enough to tell him my name!

Bump that! I'm way too fly for that shit! So ladies, do you dumb down just to date??

Labels:

2 Comments:

At Monday, April 20, 2009 at 3:38:00 PM EDT , Blogger Jem said...

Uh, that would be a NO as I have not had any takers in the dumbing down or smartening up to date me categories.

Pass the hot sauce...

 
At Tuesday, April 21, 2009 at 1:39:00 PM EDT , Blogger Unknown said...

Im a loud, outgoing girl. I have been told that "i draw too much attention" and "men dont want a loud woman" or "Men dont want their women to get attention"

WTF...

Forget that, love me for me or kick rocks

I will not make myself miserable to make you happy

 

Post a Comment

Add your thoughts to the mix...

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home