The Witches' Brew blog

has been moved to new address

http://www.witchesbrewonline.com

Sorry for inconvenience... but join us at our new spot!

Witches' Brew: Gone But Never Forgetten: Phyllis Hyman

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Gone But Never Forgetten: Phyllis Hyman


Phyllis was a strikingly beautiful woman who cut her own life short because she never saw that with her own eyes. How sad that we no longer have her here. Love yourself, we can't stress that enough at the Brew. The dept of her depression is evident in all her songs. As fantastic as they may be, they are primarily sad and express her deep longing to simply be loved. In the song "Living All Alone" she sings:

It feels good to have somebody hold you tight
It feels good to have somebody love you right
Who would end all my long and lonely nights?
Whoa Oh I can't stand this living all alone
Whoa Oh I can't stand this living all alone
Whoa Oh I can't stand this living all, oouuu all alone


Awww Phyllis, I miss you and I loved you! you were never alone....



And in one of my favorite movies, School Daze..

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Add your thoughts to the mix...

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home