The Witches' Brew blog

has been moved to new address

http://www.witchesbrewonline.com

Sorry for inconvenience... but join us at our new spot!

Witches' Brew: Real Talk Tuesdays: Are You Nola Darling??

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Real Talk Tuesdays: Are You Nola Darling??





You're a foxy, independent lady. You work, you exercise, you cook, you care for your home, have a banging wardrobe, hair stays 'fried, dyed and layed to the side'. I mean you are the bitness! Men light up when they notice you, you are single and maybe not loving it necessarily, but you are very okay with it.

Speaking of men, you don't care for terms that tie you to one man, after all, there are many sides to you, surely one man cannot satisfy them all right? So you juggle, not in the player sense, cause you are straight up honest with your suitors that you are not in for all that "one on one, I'm your girl, your my man" nonsense. Oh and you sex all the men you're seeing. It's safe of course, but again as far as you're concerned each satisfy a different hunger within you. You in no way feel bad about any of this, but soon your luck runs out. Someone done fugged it all up and caught feelings, at worst all of them have....... now the ninjas want you to choose. No one puts Nola Darling in a corner!

Are you selfish, insatiable, impossible to please, greedy or just truly unconventional in how you view men, love and relationships? I remember when I first saw "She's Gotta Have It". I thought Nola was a raging hoebag, now that I'm older my view and opinion of her character has completely shifted. Knowing what I know now, I think Nola is the smartest woman I know.........

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At Wednesday, July 29, 2009 at 11:54:00 AM EDT , Blogger Unknown said...

I am truly one that doesn't think like most women. While it it not my choice to screw multiple dudes, I do not feel bad about myself for having casual sex, or a one night stand or doing my male platonic friend. Sex is good...you dont need love to have good sex.

My favorite character was Samantha from sex and the city. She was sexually free.

What bothers me are the men and women who need to feel superior by still branding women hoes for simply exploring their sexual options or enjoying all that life has to offer sexually. We are often accused of being emotionally detached, have suffered some trauma, are trying to hide that deep down we want a relationship BLAH BLAH BLAH

I even ranted about it on my blog...sometimes women DONT WANT A RELATIONSHIP....

Its not a priority for me..Im good..im having fun. if a relationship happens..it happens..but im not pressed..and im not a hoe lol

 
At Wednesday, July 29, 2009 at 12:06:00 PM EDT , Blogger Cruz said...

Yup, there it is, single woman, dating, occasional safe sex with who she wants and BAM! she's a hoe, so sick of that nonsense. And yes, just like you said, always some deep underlying reason why we rebuke a one on one. It can never just be cause that's fine for us at whatever stage we are in life. Because the general consensus is that all women pine away for a man and life does not start til we get one..... come on!

 
At Wednesday, July 29, 2009 at 1:31:00 PM EDT , Blogger BreeIAm said...

A lot of the problem is the thought process that men have. They truly belive we equate every intimate encounter with LOOOOOVE... Nigro please. Sometimes a lady just wants to be pushed up against a wall and done. Don't call me I'll call you!

You'll see how the ask a dudes feel about this as the roundtable continutes.. PLUG!

 

Post a Comment

Add your thoughts to the mix...

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home