The Witches' Brew blog

has been moved to new address

http://www.witchesbrewonline.com

Sorry for inconvenience... but join us at our new spot!

Witches' Brew: Brew Bits: 50 Cent Doesn't Give a Rat's Arse About Your Awards....

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Brew Bits: 50 Cent Doesn't Give a Rat's Arse About Your Awards....



Though he made the statement that money will be the indicator of his success in the life, he now says that in the end, his body of work will likely earn him some type of lifetime achievement recognition...... I guess he told ya'll!!!

”I made a mistake,” Fif said recently in New York City. ”Early on [in my career], I said, ‘They’ll get the trophy, I’ll get the checks.’ That’s because I wasn’t receiving the acknowledgment based on the aggressive content I was putting out. I’ve been nominated for 16 Grammy awards and still ain’t got no trophies. Largest debut in hip-hop to date — they just ignored it when it was time to give the trophies out. So I just started saying, ‘They can have the trophies and I’ll have the checks.’ That didn’t mean that I didn’t have love for the actual art form. But to give a basic answer that people would understand, I would be secure with my life, I’ll continue make music, but I won’t be in front of them and get recognized. I’ll get a lifetime-achievement award after based on my full body of work. At that point, it’ll be too much for them to ignore.”

source

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Add your thoughts to the mix...

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home