The Witches' Brew blog

has been moved to new address

http://www.witchesbrewonline.com

Sorry for inconvenience... but join us at our new spot!

Witches' Brew: Brew News: Man Slaps Kid in Wal-Mart

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Brew News: Man Slaps Kid in Wal-Mart

A Georgia man will be sitting out the Labor Day bbq thanks to his actions in a Wal-Mart. 61 year old Roger Stephens was charged with first-degree cruelty to children after slapping a child inside the store because she wouldn’t stop crying.

Police say Stephens told the child’s mother "if you don't shut the baby up, I will shut her up for you." The mother -who was in another aisle, away from Stephens- tried to calm the kid, but the 2 year old kept boo-hooing. So, Stephens allegedly grabbed the girl and slapped her 4 or 5 times across the face, then told the mother, "see, I told you I would shut her up."

Before he was arrested, Stephens apologized to the mother.

Okay, many times I’ve wanted to choke out a kid on the train or punch a toddler in the thoat on a plane, but I don’t actually do it. I just turn up my iPod and ignore the screaming spawn. Maybe someone needs to send this dude a Shuffle and some Xanax or something.

Here’s the story.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At Thursday, October 1, 2009 at 1:29:00 AM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I'm sure he wouldn't have done that if the girls father was there. If it was my child he slapped he would be getting cuffed with a broken arm and jaw.

 

Post a Comment

Add your thoughts to the mix...

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home