The Witches' Brew blog

has been moved to new address

http://www.witchesbrewonline.com

Sorry for inconvenience... but join us at our new spot!

Witches' Brew: Brewchies at the movies: Where The Wild Things Are

Friday, October 2, 2009

Brewchies at the movies: Where The Wild Things Are


I'm lucky enough to have had parents who actually down with R.I.F. So before I went "night night" my mom put out her Newport long enough to read to me. One of my favorite books was, "Where the Wild Things Are" by Maurice Sendak. Not filled with a lot words but the imagery was the bomb and the little nekkid monsters made me happy for some reason. It still takes me back to a nice place when I open the book every now and then. I tried to pass it along all this feel good to my son when he became of age but he wasn't having that. "Little Bill" was his boy and that was that! He took one look at "Wild Things", muttered "lame" then rolled his eyes. Who gon check him boo? I'm extra excited that they are finally making this into a movie, directed by Spike Jonze of Being John Malkovich fame.
Check the trailer. WTWTA premiers October 16th!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At Monday, March 15, 2010 at 11:22:00 AM EDT , Anonymous Jay said...

fantastic movie and great for the kids = success.

 

Post a Comment

Add your thoughts to the mix...

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home