The Witches' Brew blog

has been moved to new address

http://www.witchesbrewonline.com

Sorry for inconvenience... but join us at our new spot!

Witches' Brew: Things Negroes Like: Unemployment Edition

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Things Negroes Like: Unemployment Edition



The national unemployment rate is hovering around 10.4% and one of ye not so merry Witches is among the jobless. At first, dropping a job that ran me ragged seemed like a relief… two months ago! Now, it’s not so fun. I can only imagine how the people who’ve been jobless for 6+ months are handling it. But, on the tough days, I try to think of the bright side… ya know, the things we like about unemployment.

Run it…

Unemployment checks – assuming you actually get them. I’m still waiting on mine to arrive. Don’t even get me started.

Sleeping late – I am not a morning person. So ditching the waking up at 6 or 7 in the morning is actually a sweet relief. Nowadays, I open one eye to catch Matt & Meredith in the morning, maybe catch a little nap then start my AM e-mail, blog news, job hunt and other web-Brewshyt search.

Court shows – I hear these are the hotness with the unemployed set. I’ve never really liked them. But I do watch my Wendy!

Catching up on TiVo – I know what you’re thinking: why the need to TiVo when you’re home? I have to keep myself busy during the day, I do an odd job here and there, so I’ve got to stay on top of my DVR game. Plus, all these shows I wanna see come on at the same time anyway. TiVo gives me the freedom to watch Brandy’s lacefront migrate to her eyebrows whenever I want.

Hood chef – I get a chance to get my new recipe on when I’m home. There’s less temptation to eat the crap you find at most workplace lunch spots when all you’ve got in the fridge on a Friday night is fruit and soup and some frozen chicken in the freezer. You’d be surprised what I can do with some tacos and frozen skrimpz! And just wait til I unveil my Shake Weight guns!

I hope the job search starts looking up for all my Brewchies who fell victim to the lay-off stick… happy searching!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, April 20, 2010 at 5:54:00 PM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

an unemployment check plus going to school is great, it's like being 19 again, no cares in the world except studying! =D

 

Post a Comment

Add your thoughts to the mix...

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home