The Witches' Brew blog

has been moved to new address

http://www.witchesbrewonline.com

Sorry for inconvenience... but join us at our new spot!

Witches' Brew: Laura Ingalls Envy....

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Laura Ingalls Envy....



I used to love Little House on the Prairie. I loved the relationship Michael Landon had with Laura Ingalls BKA Half Pint. I can remember watching the show and thinking "wow she's lucky to have a dad like that". So many people ask and wonder "wow, why don't you have any kids?" I wanna say "because of that hoebag Laura Ingalls". I never wanted to be a "baby mother" but then again who does right? I don't wanna have to arrange dates and times for a man to pick the kids up and take them for the weekend. I always wanted to be able to tap the man next to me and say "hey yo! that lil fucker cryin again.... word is bond you betta shut it up!" I so envied Laura Ingalls, but back then I didn't really get why, but now I know it was because she had a complete family (at first I thought it was those awesome dresses she wore (don't front, Lil House wardrobe was so bomb!)



Sometimes I still have "Laura Ingalls envy". Like in this clip where Pa thinks he's just said a funny but no one laughs.....



"Corny dad" moments are so cute!


When I find myself explaining to my dad who I am over and over and over, sometimes I just wanna shout "YOU WOULD KNOW THIS SHIT IF YOU WERE PRESENT, WHY CAN'T YOU BE MICHAEL LANDON YOU FUCKTARD?!" but alas I do not say that, the man is old and like most absentee dads of the 70's has found the Lord (HALLEY-BERRY-LU-YER!!!!)

Being a parent is tough, doing it dolo even tougher, kudos to the those who do it and do it well. Please excuse me while I order my Little House box set from Amazon.com.

Negro Half Pint..... OUT!!!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, July 7, 2009 at 12:16:00 PM EDT , Blogger BreeIAm said...

Love this! The 70's 'Dad' can suck it.

 

Post a Comment

Add your thoughts to the mix...

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home