The Witches' Brew blog

has been moved to new address

http://www.witchesbrewonline.com

Sorry for inconvenience... but join us at our new spot!

Witches' Brew: Black Players Won't Rush for Rush

Friday, October 9, 2009

Black Players Won't Rush for Rush


New York Jets linebacker Bart Scott says he'd never play for the St. Louis Rams if right winger Rush Limbaugh is successful in his bid to buy part of the franchise.

Scott said:
"I know I wouldn't want to play for him. He's a jerk. He's an ---. What he said (about Donovan McNabb) was inappropriate and insensitive, totally off-base. He could offer me whatever he wanted, I wouldn't play for him. ... I wouldn't play for Rush Limbaugh. My principles are greater and I can't be bought."

New York Giants defensive end Mathias Kiwanuka also aid Limbaugh's views on race would keep him from playing for the Rams.

Kiwanuka said:  
“I am not going to draw a conclusion form a person off of one comment, but when it is time after time after time and there's a consistent pattern of disrespect and just a complete misunderstanding of an entire culture that I am a part of, I can't respect him as a man."

Limbaugh resigned as an ESPN NFL analyst back in 2003 after suggesting the media only cared about Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb's success because he's black.

I love it when athletes actually have opinions!

Limbaugh is parterning with Dave Checketts, owner of the National Hockey League's St. Louis Blues, to buy part of the Rams.  The negotiations are still in the early stages.


Read more about the proposed deal here and here.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Add your thoughts to the mix...

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home