The Witches' Brew blog

has been moved to new address

http://www.witchesbrewonline.com

Sorry for inconvenience... but join us at our new spot!

Witches' Brew: Oprah Apologizes to Robin Givens

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Oprah Apologizes to Robin Givens


Robin Givens got her pannies in a bunch when she saw Mike Tyson on the Oprah Winfrey show last month.  Givens was upset that Oprah didn't speak out against domestic violence when Tyson talked about beating her during their rocky marriage.

Givens is now a spokesperson for the National Domestic Violence Hotline.  She turned her rage into a letter to Oprah, asking Oprah why she let Mike Tyson talk about what he did to her and why the studio audience laughed as he did it.  (And they sure did laugh... I thought it was odd when I watched it)

Givens appeared on Oprah yesterday to talk about how she felt when Tyson told Oprah that he wanted to "sock her" after the couple's legendary interview with Barbara Walters.

Oprah told Robin:
“I don’t think that they were laughing at you, I think they were laughing at the term. In that moment, I will tell you, I felt that I should have said something. I felt that I should have said, ‘Audience, that isn’t funny…’ so I regret it. I would say to you and every woman, who has ever been hit, I feel that I did not handle that as well as I should have and I feel that I could have gone further and should have said more to clarify that what he was doing and what he was saying was wrong. So I apologize to you and I apologize to every woman who has ever been in that situation.”
Givens said, “Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I certainly appreciate what Robin's doing to shine a light on the ills of domestic violence, but I do wonder sometimes what else she has going on in her life.  It's like she's become the go-to person whenever the issue comes up.  What happened to her acting career?  #justsayin


Source

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At Saturday, November 14, 2009 at 1:14:00 PM EST , Blogger Kim said...

She is actin right up there on Oprah's couch.. Oprah was looking at her like .. ya lucky to be sitting anywhere especially on my couch.. Oprah should not have apologized. Mike was giving interview.. Oprah was/is now responsible for his words or BeBe punches... I have never believed Robin totally once she said back in 06 or 07 that Mike Raped her then get's her no career self on Wendy Williams talking bout the sex with Brad Pitt and Mike Tyson was good after Wendy asked her. I could sock her.

 

Post a Comment

Add your thoughts to the mix...

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home