The Witches' Brew blog

has been moved to new address

http://www.witchesbrewonline.com

Sorry for inconvenience... but join us at our new spot!

Witches' Brew: Stick a Fork In It

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Stick a Fork In It


..because Vibe magazine is dunzo! The popular hip hop rag is closing immediately. Vibe staffers were formally notified in a meeting today. Advertisements were down and that whole "robbing Peter to pay Paul" just wasn't a good look anymore. Vibe used to be my joint until it deserted serious indepth pieces, started selling T & A and became a fake King. That leaves The Source as the only magazine focused solely on hip-hop and we know they've got serious issues going on over in that camp. Do people still even read Vibe anymore?

Labels:

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, June 30, 2009 at 11:33:00 PM EDT , Anonymous blaqasianbeauty said...

Man, I just to have a subscription to Vibe for YEARS! I loved that mag. But alas, they did fall off but I am sorry to hear that they shut down. Oh well...

 
At Tuesday, June 30, 2009 at 11:57:00 PM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, guess they really needed my subscription huh?
I dropped them a few years ago. I just wasn't into it anymore.

 

Post a Comment

Add your thoughts to the mix...

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home