The Witches' Brew blog

has been moved to new address

http://www.witchesbrewonline.com

Sorry for inconvenience... but join us at our new spot!

Witches' Brew: So, Drake's Got A Little Sense, eh?

Thursday, July 2, 2009

So, Drake's Got A Little Sense, eh?

Complex magazine had a chat session with up-and-comer Drake about his new video for the song "The Best I Ever Had" and, more importantly, his reaction to the backlash surrounding his BET Awards performance with Lil Wayne.

Drake's initial performance wasn't scrutinized so much, but his set was coupled with Lil Wayne and that display had the blogosphere, Facebook and Twitter on fire last Sunday night. During Lil Wayne's set, his daughter and other pre-teens were on the stage as Wayne proclaimed how he wants to do the grown up-the nasty-the old pokey-the horizontal hibbidy-inject his beef in the tacos of every girl in the world.

Here's what Drake had to say to Complex:
Complex: At the BET Awards this past Sunday, everyone was shocked to see you sitting on a stool. Did you ever think to yourself, Maybe I shouldn’t perform?

Drake: That, actually—to be honest—was a terrible idea that I’ll never do to myself again. [laughs] But I was being pressed from different areas to perform, and I think what really happened at the BET Awards is with the passing of Mike, the climate really changed, as far as the award show goes. I don’t think it called for us to perform “Every Girl” and “Always Strapped,” and I think it was an award show filled with tributes and music and these genuine heartfelt speeches. And to sort of climax out of a very tongue-in-cheek point, and then people misconstruing Wayne’s daughters and her friends coming out on stage…

Complex: Yeah, it really was an awkward moment.

Drake: Yeah, it was just timed very poorly and it definitely wasn’t planned like that, but with that being said, it is what is. I believe in Wayne and myself and it’s nothing we can’t bounce back from. To anyone who was offended, my personal apologies, it wasn’t intended to offend anybody.

[Brew sarcasm: Well duuuuh! Did he learn that at DeGrassi?]

Complex: Watching it at home, the BET Awards seemed to be a mess. Did it seem that way in person?

Drake: Well, I can only speak for my portion of it. I had asked for something very specific for my performance and none of those were met, as far as production value, so…

Complex: That’s BET for you…

Drake: I understood my situation, as far as sitting in one place, and figured there was a way to make it interesting. But when I looked around and noticed that none of that was going on [laughs], I kind of just realized that it was going to be a loss for me. But at the end of the day, it is what it is.
So far, Lil Wayne has not made any public comments about the performance.

And if you've caught any of the replays of the awards, you'll notice the little girls have been blurred-out through the magic of editing. Hmmm...

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At Friday, July 3, 2009 at 9:39:00 AM EDT , Blogger RiPPa said...

Now I'm gonna need him to work on that fake-ass down south retarded accent in his music.

 

Post a Comment

Add your thoughts to the mix...

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home