The Witches' Brew blog

has been moved to new address

http://www.witchesbrewonline.com

Sorry for inconvenience... but join us at our new spot!

Witches' Brew: Motivation is Your Responsibility....

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Motivation is Your Responsibility....


Every now and again at the gym or when I'm jogging, someone will come up to me after my workout to say that they really admire how I attack my workout. A woman once said that it's really hard for her which is why she absolutely has to work out with a trainer cause she needs someone to motivate her yadda yadda yadda. Trainers are great and you can learn lots from them but that still kinda got me to thinking about motivation, when you really wanna do something in life no matter what it is, what better person to rely on than yourself? I mean I can understand if every now and again you need a lil extra push but when I decide I want something I go about getting it, period! I guess I can't get behind the concept of putting your dreams and desires in the hands of someone else. I workout for longevity and to possibly stave off certain diseases and cancers that run in my family, what better motivation is that? There is no way in hail ImageI would ever lie and say that when that alarm clock goes off at 5:00 am that I'm happier than a pig in shit but for me it is a necessary evil but again, I am my own motivation. I don't know I guess I just started thinking that she'll be unhealthy forever if she doesn't get her mind in the game, gettin your body moving is easy, it's your mind that sabotages your efforts the most.

When I want a cheesesteak and not just your everyday ordinary cheesesteak, I get in my car and drive to Philly. See how that works? I focus on my goal and then I act, bam! If I left it up to someone else they'd get me some punk ass DC cheesesteak then I'd have no one to blame but myself (but I would still eat it thoughImage)

When I wanna go shopping but my funds are low I beg my mother until I get what I want. Again, see how that works, set a goal, take action! If I left it up to her I'd be butt nekkid on a street corner somewhere but because I'm motivated to use her money I'm afforded the opportunity to look cute Image

So let's break motivation down, here's Dr. Dubya's definition.....

M - Muthafuckas

O - Overcoming

T- The

I - Inevitible

V - Variables

A - And

T - Triumphing

I - In

O - Obstacles

N - Nukka!

This may become a new weekly installment, we'll call it " Crucial Commentary With Dr. Dubya" Image

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Add your thoughts to the mix...

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home