The Witches' Brew blog

has been moved to new address

http://www.witchesbrewonline.com

Sorry for inconvenience... but join us at our new spot!

Witches' Brew: Advice From Someone Who’s Been There: Paging Dr. Cookie Puss!

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Advice From Someone Who’s Been There: Paging Dr. Cookie Puss!





Nothing irks me more than someone who is “Bout to”, “Fitting to” “Getting ready..’ to do something. To ghetto paraphrase Nike, JUST DO THAT SHIT MUTHFUGGA!
The things we attain in life, higher education, career or that hot ass body are less about lip service, and more about action.

If you want to be a proctologist be the best asshole you can be. If you want to be a GYN, then like Jake Steed.: ‘Get The P...’ What I’m saying is, do things every day that support the vision you have for yourself. Put yourself in the environment that best supports your dreams, and dump all the other extraneous stuff that does not fall in line with your goals. If you really want something, I mean realllllly want something. Eat and breath that shit. Surround yourself with like minded people, you’ll help each other reach your goals. If the situation lends itself to it, work for free, just for the experience. In this economy, who is turning down ‘free labor’?

In all honesty, it took me longer than some to realize what I want to be ‘when I grow up’ (yea I don’t think that is ever going to happen). But as I figured it out, the one thing I realized if I really wanted to make my dreams come true (and I dream BIG bitches), I have to suck it up and maybe miss out on some of the things that don’t support that goal. Seriously, do you want to go to the brain surgeon that you always see in the club every Friday and Saturday nights?

I suppose miracles do happen, but I don’t know that anyone immediately became a licensed vagi-cat doctor who spent all their time working at Carvel. I'm jussayin'.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At Friday, May 8, 2009 at 11:00:00 AM EDT , Blogger Unknown said...

I hear you, You do have to work hard to get reach goals.

But...If you do something you enjoy it won't seem like work.

So if you want to be a writer, writing won't seem like a chore. And you can still make time to go out and write.

You can create a balance, you have to or else you will resent your "goal"

 
At Friday, May 8, 2009 at 3:10:00 PM EDT , Blogger Jetsway said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At Friday, May 8, 2009 at 3:11:00 PM EDT , Blogger Jetsway said...

You touched on some hard lessons right there. The idea of sacrifice and deferral of the things you want, or want to do, is something from my experiences, many in my community just never want to accept. I mean if you have bad credit, no savings and your folks aren’t paying your way, how do you expect to pop bottles every weekend and still get that house you want so bad?

 
At Friday, May 8, 2009 at 4:48:00 PM EDT , Blogger A.Smith said...

"What I’m saying is, do things every day that support the vision you have for yourself."

Goodness! When I read that, I had to comment immediately. I'm ALWAYS saying that to people. I don't mind people with big dreams who are always talking about what they're doing next, AS LONG AS they're doing something E-V-E-R-Y-D-A-Y that puts you closer to your goal. Otherwise, I'm calling HORSE SHIT.

Great post.

 

Post a Comment

Add your thoughts to the mix...

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home