The Witches' Brew blog

has been moved to new address

http://www.witchesbrewonline.com

Sorry for inconvenience... but join us at our new spot!

Witches' Brew: So Long: An Ode To Analog

Thursday, June 11, 2009

So Long: An Ode To Analog

Broadcasters across the country are pulling the plug on old school analog and going digital at midnight on Friday, June 12th.  About 3 million Americans will have to reach for their Monopoly boards because they’ve yet to make the digital switch.

I’m going to miss those big ole bulky TVs.  I remember the floor model TV we had when I was a kid.  It was about the size of a Hyundai.  That thing was bigger than the couch I have in my house now.

The TV didn’t have a remote (but we did get HBO on it, eventually)!  I remember when my father would be sitting right in front of the TV but would summon me from the kitchen, or even worse, from playing outside to come change the channel.

Remember fighting with your siblings about what show you’d watch?  Since that was the “big” TV (or, maybe the only TV) in the house, you’d argue about which cartoon to watch.

Remember rearranging the living room furniture AROUND that TV?  It was too big to move once you got it in the house, so you just plopped it down and arranged the couches around that big mofo.

Oh, and remember the rabbit ears?  They never did work right.  So, what did you do?  You went into the kitchen, put some foil on them and then stood there holding them while everyone else watched TV.  And you’d better not move or the TV would go back to snow.

Analog, I’m gonna miss you.  I think I'm still a bit of an analog girl in a digital world!

But I do love watching that Dwight Howard in HD!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Add your thoughts to the mix...

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home