The Witches' Brew blog

has been moved to new address

http://www.witchesbrewonline.com

Sorry for inconvenience... but join us at our new spot!

Witches' Brew: Health: Thicka Than A Snicka

Friday, July 10, 2009

Health: Thicka Than A Snicka

Did you know that clothing companies are making their fashions bigger to accommodate America’s growing waistline, but they aren’t changing the sizes of the clothes?

You can be a size 14, but if you go to the right store, you’ll be led to believe you’re actually a size 10. Experts say that’s making more people accepting of being overweight and believing that having a little too much meat on their bones is normal.

And as those clothing sizes scale down, food portions are going up. The percentage of adults classified as obese jumped in 23 states in the last year alone. Doctors say feeling normal but actually being overweight may keep you out of the gym because you won’t be motivated to lose the weight.

Now, I love to get down on those pretty wangs as much as the next gal, you can fry 'em, jerk 'em, curry 'em or bake 'em... but know when to say when! You can't fool me. I know my 14 hips are not squeezing in no 10s. If you fall for that, I've got a bridge to sell you!

It’s time to push away from the table and get to movinAmerica!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At Saturday, July 11, 2009 at 3:24:00 AM EDT , Blogger Citizen Ojo said...

I have a lady where I work, when she walks the floor moves. And we are on the 2nd floor!! I wonder could she be overweight?

 
At Saturday, July 11, 2009 at 1:18:00 PM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ya think?!

 
At Sunday, July 12, 2009 at 1:45:00 PM EDT , Anonymous wanda loves... said...

If you wanna talk about changing the sizes, check out Lane Bryant.

I am a BIG girl and there is no reason to lie about it. Go to buy a pair of jeans and all of a sudden my size 24, is now a 6! WTF? I guess fat people don't like requesting a size that big, but let's be reasonable. Now instead of just grabbing a pair a jeans off the shelf, I've got to call a conference with the cashiers because Lane Bryant is trying to make me feel better.

 

Post a Comment

Add your thoughts to the mix...

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home