The Witches' Brew blog

has been moved to new address

http://www.witchesbrewonline.com

Sorry for inconvenience... but join us at our new spot!

Witches' Brew: Single, But Not The Cat Lady

Monday, November 16, 2009

Single, But Not The Cat Lady


There are a few things I know for sure in this world:
1. The tax man will always find you
2. The motor vehicle people always catch up to you
3. Mothers are almost always right, no matter how much you fight them
4. New Coke was the worst marketing decision ever

AND... 
5. People with more than a few cats may be on a slippery slope to craziness.

Friday night, ABC's "20/20" profiled women who went from cat-lovers to cat-fanatics to crazy cat ladies. It was like watching Hoarders: the cat edition!

(The Mickey Mouse network won't let me embed, so go here to watch the cat lady story.)

Now, the key thread in most of their stories: they're single.  I grabbed the remote and cringed like I was watching a train wreck, then promptly put all thoughts of getting a pet for companionship on the back burner. I confess, I have my share of brushes with loneliness from time to time. I find things to do and snap out of it. But watching the show made me wonder how bad does it have to be for someone to go from being a successful working woman with friends, to a lonely cat lady?

Where do you draw the line?

Source

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Add your thoughts to the mix...

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home