The Witches' Brew blog

has been moved to new address

http://www.witchesbrewonline.com

Sorry for inconvenience... but join us at our new spot!

Witches' Brew: Strictly For The Ladies: The Diva Cup

Monday, July 13, 2009

Strictly For The Ladies: The Diva Cup

Ladies, I’m all for being green and saving the Earth and treehugging and all that Al “I invented the internetz…put it in the lock-box” Gore jibberish. But some things just go a little too far for me. For instance, I will not be composting my dog's poop and using it on my greens and tomatoes in the back yard.

I won’t be "air drying" it when I should be using toilet paper, if you know what I mean. And I certainly do flush it down when it's brown and when it's mellow yellow too.

And, after seeing an ad for this creation in one of my favorite magazines, you can add this to the list of things I will not do for Mother Earth! I will not be Diva Cupping it any time soon.

Gents, you can stop reading at this point… unless you like throwing up in your mouth.

The Diva Cup is a non-absorbent menstrual cup that collects your Aunt Flow. I won’t go any further. I think you get the visual. They say this thing won’t leak and you can’t even feel it when you wear it. And, you can wear it for up to 12 hours before emptying it. (*cue my innards turning over at the thought of this*)

I know it’s a recession and we’ve all got to conserve our ducats. Hell, Tampax and Always can cut into a sista’s budget sometimes. But cut back on the Starbucks or something. This is drastic! I’m all for trying new things and being all adventurous and whatnot. But, no ma’am on this one. I can’t do it.

If you want a demo on how it's worn, go here… or if you just wanna see some vagicat discussion (you freak!).

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

At Monday, July 13, 2009 at 2:02:00 PM EDT , Blogger Phlip said...

I feel like such a dipshit for not stopping when and where you told me to.
I am SO glad I skipped eating lunch because I was leaving work early.

 
At Monday, July 13, 2009 at 3:04:00 PM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

See, nosy men! Don't say you weren't warned!

 
At Monday, July 13, 2009 at 4:52:00 PM EDT , Blogger BreeIAm said...

Phlip: in the words of Nelson Muntz.. HA HA!

 
At Monday, July 13, 2009 at 6:37:00 PM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard about this "thing" on another blog. Yeah no! I do sometimes not flush after #1 ( I live alone, so it's not bad).

 
At Monday, July 13, 2009 at 6:58:00 PM EDT , Blogger Jem said...

Your toilet does not approve of your not flushing!
It leaves a ring.

 
At Monday, July 13, 2009 at 7:42:00 PM EDT , Blogger Chicava Wants You to Know said...

Stop being so afraid of your YONI LADIES!!! This right here is one of the top ten things that ever happened to me!! It rocks and will change you life for the better, you will gain an intimate understanding of your flow and be aware, yes very, of clots - which are not healthy, and volume!
I'll also make a plea to your wallet $40 one time or $100s a year!
my next big change is this little kitty right here http://www.femcap.com/ ba-dow!
chicava wants you to be closer to your yoni!

 
At Monday, July 13, 2009 at 10:15:00 PM EDT , Blogger She's Savvy said...

I think the Diva Cup may be one of the most disgusting things I've ever heard about. This is way too green and the thought of it makes me shudder.

 
At Tuesday, July 14, 2009 at 10:20:00 AM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chicava- My yoni is great.. my bloody valentine is a damn mess!

 
At Thursday, July 16, 2009 at 5:49:00 PM EDT , Blogger Jem said...

@Chicava: FEMCAP? Isn't that just a diaphragm?
I love the little picture on the website that shows it blocking the evil sperm cells. HAAA!

 

Post a Comment

Add your thoughts to the mix...

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home