The Witches' Brew blog

has been moved to new address

http://www.witchesbrewonline.com

Sorry for inconvenience... but join us at our new spot!

Witches' Brew: Brew Music: The Puppini Sisters

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Brew Music: The Puppini Sisters

I heard a funky spin on Beyonce's "Crazy In Love" last week and was sure Sasha Fierce had stolen the song from some swing band of the 1940s. Come on, ya’ll know she does “liberate” lyrics from time to time!

Anyway, upon doing some Googlin' research, I discovered the Puppini Sisters. No, they're not real sisters. Their name is a throwback to the Andrews Sisters (the queens of that harmonious, big band style). They are a modern-day group that specializes in what music critics have dubbed "swing punk." And, I kinda like it!

Check out their take on "Crazy In Love!" So cute.


The Puppini Sisters have been around for about five years now. Most of their work has been re-makes of songs, but they're now working on their third album which will be entirely new songs.

Click Taste The Brew for more clips of the Puppini Sisters in action.

Walk Like An Egyptian




I Will Survive



Interview



So, I wouldn't buy a concert ticket...but I can see myself using their version of "Crazy In Love" as my shower theme song in the mornings!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Add your thoughts to the mix...

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home