The Witches' Brew blog

has been moved to new address

http://www.witchesbrewonline.com

Sorry for inconvenience... but join us at our new spot!

Witches' Brew: Reality TV: When Is Enough, Enough?

Friday, May 29, 2009

Reality TV: When Is Enough, Enough?

I can’t say I’m up on all the reality shows on the boob tube, but I do get in my fair share. I’ve never been a follower of TLC’s Jon & Kate Plus 8, but I know enough about their story to get the gist of the show.

That’s why it saddens me that the breakdown of their marriage is fodder for both the tabloids, and yes, their own show. We’ve even covered Jon’s alleged affair here at the Brew.

Truthfully, I’ve got my own issues to work out, so I’m really not too concerned about being all up in their marriage. But it does bother me that 2 people who loved each other at some point aren’t giving themselves the privacy they need to either mend their family or go their separate ways.

Close to 10 million people watched the show’s season premiere this week, a record for TLC. Jon and Kate Gosselin have reportedly racked up about $6 million from the show so far. Now, are the Gosselins that money hungry that they’d rather keep the cameras rolling while their marriage falls apart?



When is it time to kick the cameras out and bring the marriage counselors in? What’s your call?

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At Friday, May 29, 2009 at 3:11:00 PM EDT , Blogger Cocoprissy said...

"are the Gosselins that money hungry that they’d rather keep the cameras rolling while their marriage falls apart?"

Yes, they are...and they need to be. They have 783895072 mouths to feed and I don't want them asking for assistance like the Octomom.

 
At Friday, May 29, 2009 at 3:15:00 PM EDT , Blogger Jem said...

*falling out* @ "783895072 mouths to feed"

I can officially start my weekend!

 

Post a Comment

Add your thoughts to the mix...

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home