The Witches' Brew blog

has been moved to new address

http://www.witchesbrewonline.com

Sorry for inconvenience... but join us at our new spot!

Witches' Brew: Jonsing for Love

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Jonsing for Love

I have hood rat tendencies but I'm really a softie when it comes to love. So I was watching my favorite movie, "Love Jones" the other day and I got to thinking between scoops of my oreo cookie blizzard, am I doing myself a disservice by watching these types of movies? Do romantic flicks ruin our perception of real relationships? Am I wrong to be waiting for my "Darius?" Discuss...

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At Tuesday, June 23, 2009 at 9:00:00 PM EDT , Blogger Jem said...

I didn't see that movie until a couple of years after it came out because I refused to see it by myself. I wanted a "date" to take me. I wound up watching it on a DVD at home. Sad, but true.

In many ways, I'm still waiting on that perfect "date" myself. But I won't be holding up life to see another movie again.

 
At Wednesday, June 24, 2009 at 7:09:00 AM EDT , Blogger BreeIAm said...

I think the best thing about Darius is he was far from a 'perfect man' he was flawed. And they passionately loved each other through their whiny, petty (come on Nina who goes out with Bill BELLAMY??) ways.

THAT'S LOVE!

 
At Wednesday, June 24, 2009 at 3:20:00 PM EDT , Blogger Unknown said...

yeah this movie defines how wack relationships really are lol

I hate that they attempted to make a happy ending by having him chase after her train (that wouldn't really happen) and for them to meet up a year later and still want eachother (that wouldn't happen either)

 
At Wednesday, June 24, 2009 at 3:44:00 PM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree, some of those things wouldn't really happen, but I do think they showed how crazy and silly relationships can get from time to time - trust issues, passion, patience, etc.

That is one of my fav movies of all times tho - it was romantic, beautifully shot with a great soundtrack - LOVED IT!

Brooke

 

Post a Comment

Add your thoughts to the mix...

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home